Saturday, December 31, 2011

Skinny Tire/Small Ring

I figured there's no reason to push extremely hard right now. There aren't going to be any races around here until late April and I had already achieved a fitness goal this week, so I took the skinny tire out on an exploratory mission and kept it in the small ring.

My last ride of 2011 involved riding trails in town, and then unfamiliar territory via West Van Dorn, south on SW84th/91st to West Denton, and then east, up and over "the wall", a climb of nearly 150 feet that feels like you're going straight up.

At the top of the wall is Our Lady of Guadelupe Seminary. I had no idea this was out there. I should have taken a picture, it looks like a resort perched on a cliff, overlooking the corn.

The wind was out of the southwest for much of the ride, and then almost straight out of the west during the last few miles. I didn't have to do much pedaling on West Denton after the wall. The wind and gravity pulled me to 27mph at some point.

I have trouble grasping that it's officially January, and there's no snow on the ground.

My last ride of 2011 was 33.37 miles, at a leisurely 13.5mph pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment