Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cycle Traffic, Qu'est Que C'est?

That was a busy bike trail. The ride this morning wasn't so bad, I got to work in my usual 27 minutes.

The ride home? 38 minutes. The stretch of Rock Island from the bridges to South Street was BUSY. Lots of people out enjoying the weather. I can't blame them, I wanted to take the scenic route and soak up this dry air, too.

I now know how motorists feel: I didn't spend much time in the big ring. I wanted to, despite the headwind on the way home. I was stuck plodding along at 13mph for what seemed like forever because the other cyclists weren't interested in commuting, they were interested in bird watching or butterfly observation.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I need to use the streets for part of my commute tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment