Monday, April 19, 2010

Normal commute and equipment woes.

Nothing special today. 11.9 miles of wind-free riding. Effortless. Lots of folks outside enjoying the 68 degree temps this evening. Days like today are reminders that I really need some sunglasses.

Absolutely spectacular riding conditions. These are the days that make me glad I don't have to drive to and from work. I've already forgotten about the epic winter.

Tonight I swapped out the 700x45 tires on the Millennium Falcon (the crankset says "Hyperdrive" on it) for some 700x28s to take on Wednesday's NSFW ride. The Millennium Falcon has a rack. The road bike doesn't: I don't feel like wearing a backpack for 43 miles.

I have had a popped bungee on my panniers for a month now, the bungee kinda stays hooked on if I don't pull too hard, but it works loose as I ride and then the pannier starts flopping like a fish. I think it's time to give up and get a replacement of some kind from a hardware store over lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment